The OPen Vape is cutting edge THC and cannabinoid consumption technology. I now take it with me wherever I go. It has many upsides and very few downsides. There is even a sale on the OPen Vape currently which makes it the best device for the money. Many dispensaries are giving the pen away free with the purchase of two cartridges.
- Size - The device with cartridge attached is about an inch longer than an iPhone. With the cartridge detached it breaks down into two pieces smaller than a cigarette. It fits comfortably in a pants pocket.
- Durable – The OPen is made from metal. The cartridges have plastic but they are disposable so it’s expected. The cartridge and device have a threaded metal connection.
- Stylish and Sleek – It looks cool and has a small profile. When I take it out in public people either don’t notice or when they do think find it intriguing and mysterious.
- Battery Life - Even with daily use I can go 3 to 4 weeks without having to recharge my pen. This blew me away and is one of the most impressive parts of the pen.
- Cartridges - Cartridges are easy to change, strain specific, and come in Sativa, Indica or Hybrid.
- Even Buzz - The oil provides a consistent and even buzz.
- Cartridges – The cartridge system also has its downsides. The technology is new and in high demand. In early January of 2013 it was hard to even find one for sale. Refilling your own is near impossible so you are at the mercy of the store owner and the manufacturer. Once that gets fixed, the list of cons will be gone.
- Leaky - UPDATE – February 27th – I had a cartridge leak all over the place after I left it in the car for a couple days of cold temperatures. The oil got all over my car!! Be careful.
- UPDATE – April 4th – After not being able to buy the cartridge refill on a number of occasions, I have switched over to the LivWell Vape Pen exclusively now. I couldn’t get any before the Seger concert so I stopped and got a LivWell Cartridge instead. The Chem Dawg Bio Diesel cartridge put me through the Pepsi Center roof. (Bob Seger and Joe Walsh also kicked ass)